Thursday 24 July 2008

D is for Didn't I Post Something Here Last Week? (or I want to be your Emmylou)


Uh.... I don't know what happened, officer. I swear I posted something just the other day, but where oh where could it be? I've been forced to blog from work as we don't have the broadband set up in the new house yet. (good ole Sky lost our order!) So I blame the college IT gremlins.

Speaking of technological gremlins, on the way to work this morning with the i-pod on shuffle I heard the following sequence: Bright Eyes' Land Locked Blues, Bob Dylan's One More Cup of Coffee, Lucinda Williams' Return of the Grievous Angel cover and (if you haven't picked up the Emmylou Harris thread through this yet) Gillian Welch's I Dream a Highway was next, with the line that pointed it all out to me 'Now you be Emmylou and I'll be Gram....' Anyway, how does the i-pod know? And now I've been fantasizing about ditchin my desk job and hitting the road like Emmylou all morning.

Haven't you heard? We moved two doors down. Daft, I know, but there is a good reason for it. Promise. The move went smoothly and we managed to get out of number 5 in just a couple of days and are now slowly settling in to number 3.

We finally have summer sunshine here at long last. It was 80 yesterday, woo! Went for a good long hike over the weekend in the Malverns - will post pics soon.

No comments: