Monday 22 October 2007

One For The Road

I'm still not sure how it all happened so fast, but my departure for America is only 3 days away! After digging around in the To-Do box, I pulled out this start on the felted Pippa bag on the cover of the Rowan book. Swoon. Sigh. It's a perfect airplane knit. Since it's felted I opted to do it garter stitch instead of stockingette as there's just that much less thinking involved.

Consider this. Thursday looks like this for me: Leave house 7:30 am to catch train to London Gatwick. Arrive Gatwick at 11:30, flight to Detroit leaves at 2:00. Arrive Detroit at some ungodly time in the morning for me though bright day time for Detroit then catch another flight to Phoenix in which I arrive at 9 pm Phoenix time (6 am GMT). Then it's a 2 hour drive back to Tucson!! So that's a good 24 hours of traveling I've got to look forward to, so any less thinking I have to do, in my view, is a good thing.

Ankle update: Looking good, looking good! Only slightly swollen and just a tinge of green to be seen. Walking now with only a slight a limp. But man, have I got a lot done since I hurt myself in the line of duty! I can't drive yet though, and the anxiety is building regarding all of the running around I need to do before I leave on Thursday. What is that they say.... where there's a will there's a way.

No comments: