Sunday 26 October 2008

Early Morning, Early September....

It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life. ~P.D. James


I haven't been sleeping well lately. I don't know what to attribute it to, but I tend to wake up before the sun comes up. Which isn't really that early considering our latitude and the time of year....

This time, I awoke to a perfectly crisp autumn morning. I slid out of bed careful not to wake the G or the furry Bisbeast sleeping at the foot of the bed, and headed out into the fresh autumnal sunshine for an early morning walk.

I wasn't the only one with the same idea and I came across these guys as well. I love the long shadows that early morning and late afternoon have to offer. Here's evidence of all the rain we've had lately.
And the first of the autumn leaves to make an appearance.
...And creatures large and small.This is one of the posts I never got around to putting up back in September when the pics were taken. Better late than never, right? Forgive me?

No comments: