Sunday 9 November 2008

The Results Show

Finally some finished projects to show you! I actually finished the Nightingale Lap Quilt last June, but somehow forgot to post it up here for y'all to admire. Oops.
It's my first ever sewing project completely on my own. That is without the help of my very talented (and patient!) madre to help.
I'm totally in love with my new slippers. Aren't they cozy?
The quilt is an exact replica of the one in Aimee Ray's Doodle Stitching, my most loved how-to book of the year. Speaking of books, I finally finished The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and you should too.
Oh yeah, there's been some knitting involved as well.


Let me introduce you to the Pia scarf from Rowan's Big Just Got Bigger book from a few years back. An easy and mindless TV knit that keeps you warm and can be finished in an evening of back to back America's Next Top Model marathons and a bottle of nice, rich red wine. Everybody got one for Christmas last year, and now I've finally made one for myself.
I seriously need to learn how to make those photo mosaics that every other blogger on the planet uses so I don't induce carpal tunnel in you with all that scrolling down and down.

No comments: