Saturday 5 September 2009

So...where have you been?

This has to have been the longest break I've taken from the blog since this thing first started to take shape two years ago!! Hello again, dear reader. And how are you?Summer flew by this time around. It seems like just yesterday we were back in Pembrokeshire, but these pictures were taken the in the last two weeks of July!! I can't really get enough of the Welsh coast, Pembrokeshire knocks my socks off and I head West every chance I get. The rugged coast line, the bronze age artifacts, modern day artisans, and the deliciously slow pace of life when plodding about the coastal trail. Check out this stone circle we stumbled upon just about a mile from our hostel's back door.

And this old grain millstone with the world's greatest view!
The pace picked up a bit on the other side of the peninsula from where we were staying, with sandy beaches and the throngs to match. Mostly we took in the views on our own terms, though often the wind had other plans.

Can you see why we keep coming back?Oh! And did I mention the ice cream?? If you're ever in St. Davids you've got to stop off at a little coffee shop called the Bench. This adorable Italian man called Gianni makes the most amazing artisan ice creams. I insisted that we go back for a new flavour every day. (I still can't zip up most of my jeans after that trip!)Damn, that's some good stuff. My favourite was the Welsh honey and lavender. Manna from heaven.Did you notice the blue sky as we were packing up to leave? Isn't that always the way?

Sorry about the formatting - I don't know what the dealio is with all those links and to be honest, I can't be bothered to go through and sort it out!!

No comments: