Thursday 15 November 2007

First signs of winter

We had the first big frost of the year overnight and a bright, but chilly day to follow. I have to admit that I'm a little tremulous about it getting really, really cold as the past few nights our house has been miserably cold. It's a rented house, so there's really not a whole lot we can do about it. I've been in touch with our letting agent and I'm optimistic that they may supply us with some sort of supplemental heating soon. I explained how we spend the evening in coats and hats and scarves and mittens and she shivered along sympathetically on the other end of the line. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

You can see here where the bullfinches and waxwings have already cleared most of the berries in a feverish binge before winter sets in and means it.

No comments: